Thursday 14 April 2016

Long Pond

I'm back. Work and a bit of a challenge in finding suitable subjects and shots stumped me for I, J and K. I probably didn't try hard enough, I will see if I can revisit those.

Today I'm back with L for Long Pond. We like the odd aptonym here in Barbados. The pond meets the sea in the eastern parish of St. Andrew and drains the highlands via a couple of streams which we rather optimistically call 'rivers'. It is longer than it is wide. Hence...Long Pond.

It can be a very picturesque spot, especially at the times of the year when it is full. That's usually in the wet season. It's a habitat for a number of species, especially birds, and likely to be well-appreciated by those who love wild and untouched environments.

I may be able to do better on M.

6 comments:

  1. It's a fantastic spot from where you took this picture. It looks great!
    ClaoWue
    from
    Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - you've done well today. A lovely spot and a very nice post. And M will either happen, or it won't. But I'm sure you'll run across one M (or two or three) soon enough. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! I did find an M and set up post on it. Drop by for that one if you like.

      Delete
  3. It is very beautiful.
    Where is a follow button? I would like to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ann, I ajust dded a spot where you can follow this blog. Check the front page of the blog, it should be at the top right hand corner "Follow This Blog"

    ReplyDelete