Saturday 2 April 2016

Bathsheba


I took this shot on the east coast of Barbados, at one of the most historic spots on the island. It was shot with my mobile and I opted for a sepia filter when I edited it in phone, because this place always has an "old world" presence in my mind.
I
ts a small coastal community, located on one of the few relatively calm beaches on our eastern coast. It has been popular with locals for weekend picnics and getaways for more than a hundred years.

I took this shot from the famous Atlantis hotel. Its Sunday buffet, with a spread of local dishes, is a national rite of passage. You go there for a relaxing afternoon of family and friends and food. Go with people you like and love.

The hotel has had its ups and downs. But I was pleasantly surprised last christmas to find the it had recently been bought over by one of our hoteliers and has been thoroughly renovated. The rooms are open again for rental.

If you want a quiet moment in the afternoon, take a leisurely winding drive through the hilly, wild country of the rural east coast to the Atlantis Hotel. Get there about 5:00 p.m., order a little coffee and some dessert, if you wish...and watch the dusk fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment